Paperless Night Audit
Go Paperless. Streamline Processes. Ensure Compliance.
Digital data management removes the burden of storing and sharing physical documents. Now the files, data and reports that team members across your organization need to see and approve are available in real time. These efforts have a measurable impact on reducing your company’s environmental footprint.
Webinar: Empty the file storage room with Paperless Night Audit
What we’ll talk about:
Smart hotel companies have gone paperless with their night audit and other compliance and financial documents, moving to Digital Document Management. The results are significant and measurable: cost savings, more efficient operations, increased security and compliance, easy document access, and a more sustainable environmental footprint.
Learn simple steps to clean up your file storage room by moving accounting and compliance documents into a secure, cloud environment.
Key learning objectives:
- Examining the average savings – both cost and environmental – by adopting Paperless Night Audit
- Spotlight on hotel operators that have adopted Digital Document Management and their results
- Understanding the capabilities of MDO’s myDocs, a leading Digital Document Management solution for the hotel industry
Increase efficiency through automation
Work smarter, not harder – stop manually downloading files from one system and uploading into another, scanning reports, packing and shipping envelopes, etc. Moving your night audit and other compliance documents into a centralized cloud environment ensures processes are automated and documents are delivered on time.
Ensure security and compliance
Track and store approved financial documents in a secure location that’s easily accessible for your team yet shielded from intrusion. This increases accountability across your business and ensures you’ve got all the necessary documents should you need to access key financial information.
Reduce your environmental footprint
Smart companies today are prioritizing sustainability and building a better future. A sustainable hotel takes care of the planet by consuming fewer resources and avoiding toxic waste. By adopting digital document management and removing the file storage room and paper transportation process, the environmental impact is effective and measurable.
Reduce impact, lower costs, improve efficiency
Stop spending time renaming files. A document management system will automatically standardize the naming conventions – so when you need to pull a set of reports, you’re pulling one report name, rather than multiples.
Retention and Destruction
A document management system lets you set up retention and destruction rules so that each report is kept only for the amount of time required (e.g. 3 years, 7 years, etc.) – which translates into making external and internal audits easier.
Don’t print just to sign a report – and then scan to store it away again. A document management system also you to comment directly on a report (think AR or Guest Ledger Reports).
Workflow and Document Level Security
Workflow routes the mail to the right people on your staff and provides the steps necessary to conduct their review. Document level security ensures that the staff only see the reports that they need to see.
Reports for multiple properties can now be housed inside one document management system. When your reports are centralized, follow a standard taxonomy, and are accessible by PC, Tablet, and/or Smartphone, pulling up a single, group, or batch of reports can be done in seconds.
Vendor Contract Management
Contracts for all vendors can be centralized inside your one document management system. Easily accessible as discussed above and managed in a centralized way for multiple properties.
On average, it costs $257.50 per month per property to print and store hotel night audit packs.
If you’re printing your night audit packs each night, then you’ve already built a business case to take it paperless. And that saving is just the tip of the iceberg. For a Management Group, the cost of a night audit pack grow exponentially when you consider these intangibles:
- Accessing Reports On Demand: How much productive time is lost waiting for a report to be sent by a property to the corporate office? Making the call to the hotel, getting the report sent over, interrupting your work, etc. This costs time and money, and with multiple properties, it adds up.
- Performing Internal Audits: How much time could be saved if a portion of the internal audits could be done without visiting the hotel itself, or having someone send it over? Think transportation expenses, meals, potential overnight stays, etc.
- Due Diligence: Are your teams at the properties performing the necessary tasks when reviewing the reports in the pack? If they are, find out if the tasks are being done by printing the report, making the comments/signatures, and then scanning/emailing them over.
- Document/Report Security: It’s a big deal. Without controls in place, a night audit pack could potentially be accessed by anyone if it’s not stored securely.
- Sustainability and Green initiatives: Reducing impact on the environment is crucial to all businesses – in hospitality, property development, and beyond.
Paperless Night Audit Features
Properties using myDigitalOffice